fredag, juli 11, 2008

Varifrån får du dina idéer?



Sciencefictionförfattaren Harlan Ellison brukar (som många andra författare) få frågan "varifrån får du dina idéer?". Han har ett standardsvar:
Go ahead, ask me the dumbest question a writer can be asked:

DUHH, WHERE D'YA GETCHER IDEAS?

My answer is always the same --- since there is no answer to this query. At least neither Plato nor Socrates nor Shakespeare could make the codification. When some jamook asks me this one (thereby revealing him/herself to be a person who has about as much imaginative muscle as a head of lettuce), I always smile prettily and answer, "Schenectady."

And when the jamook looks at me quizzically, and scratches head with hairy hand, I add: "Oh, sure. There's a swell Idea Service in Schenectady; and every week I send 'em twenty-five bucks; and every week they send me a fresh six-pack of ideas."

And wouldja believe it...there is always some demento who asks me for the address.


Som synes på bilden ovan kanske det inte är ett så knasigt påhitt som man skulle kunna tro.

[Via Boing Boing och Neatorama.]

Andra bloggar om: ,
Technorati Technorati tags: ,
intressant.se

Inga kommentarer: